Sunday, June 5, 2016

Blogging 101

It's June 2016 and after months of struggling with what to do with myself, I've taken the next step in this amazing path/ritual/journey/routine in self-discovery: a cleanse.  And yes, that means deactivating my Twitter accounts (but I'll be back!) and putting myself into solitude.  A healthy amount.  Nobody other than myself will be reading this blog, but if you are, then, congratulations.

Although I am a "print-over-electronic" type of reader, I do have to admit I don't write in my journal anymore.  But i suppose that this blog will kind be my outlet of writing practice, because no harm done in sharpening the skills of a teenage writer, even if that pencil is no longer tangible.

This blog will be a place to post about cool things I find.  Little adventures with friends, food I eat, cool words I find, movies i watch, so on and so forth.  If it's a particularly dull day, then I'll find a way to make it sound interesting.  That would be a nice challenge.
It's become my philosophy (but not really a philosophy philosophy- I'm not that deep of a person) to push myself, to test myself a little more.  There is no harm done in challenging myself mentally, because there is always something to learn.  To stay in your comfort zone forever is to never gain.  
"But that also means never losing anything, either!" I know I think that sometimes.  I hope that version of me is what people call "the old Denise".  Change is ahead, and it's going to be a great ride.  (Speaking of rides, I need to get my learner's permit but I don't really want to.  Ah.  Well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment